Pregnancy Massage Certificate
Pregnancy Massage, can help to alleviate many pregnancy symptoms and conditions. This course will equip you to understand these processes and to safely treat pregnant clients with a nurturing and healing massage throughout all stages of their pregnancy, and to ease such common discomforts associated with pregnancy.
During this course you will learn to provide a safe and effective pregnancy massage routine whilst understanding how pregnancy affects the mother's body physically and emotionally. You will learn how to safely position your client during pregnancy massage allowing you to be confident when massaging pregnant women.
Duration: Home study prior to the course commencing then 2 days
Pre-requisites: A recognised Level 3 Qualification in Swedish Massage or equivalent.
Career path: Mobile therapist, salon, room at home
Included in the course:
- Course training manual
- A relaxed, informal and professional atmosphere in which to learn
- Fully qualified and experienced lecturers
- Support and guidance during and on completion of the course
- BTC Qualification
Additional costs: Recommended reading books, Massage oil (couch will be required for home study)
You will learn how to:
- Prepare the treatment area
- Prepare the client for safe treatment
- Carry out a client consultation
- Perform a safe pregnancy massage treatment
You will also study:
- Related hygiene, health and safety
- Related anatomy and physiology
- Benefits of Pregnancy massage
- Pregnancy Symptons & Conditions
- Contra-indications & contra-actions
- Equipment and products
Be prepared to receive treatments. Models may be required.
On successful completion of the course you will receive a BTC Diploma in Pregnancy Massage which is fully insurable to work on clients.